1) Service – Be a member on the team for a minimum of two full years during the fall and spring seasons and meet attendance requirements.
2) Academic – Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 (cumulative).
3) Outreach – Support and bring awareness to inspire others into STEM**.
4) Scholarship – Fill out a minimum of two scholarship applications (you do not necessarily have to apply) and submit to Mr Dohm.
5) Leadership – Embody the spirit of FIRST, “Gracious Professionalism” and demonstrate leadership skills.
NOTE: Gracious Professionalism is part of the ethos of FIRST. It's a way of doing things that encourages high-quality work, emphasizes the value of others, and respects individuals and the community.
With Gracious Professionalism, fierce competition and mutual gain are not separate notions. Gracious professionals learn and compete like crazy, but treat one another with respect and kindness in the process. They avoid treating anyone like losers. No chest thumping tough talk, but no sticky-sweet platitudes either. Knowledge, competition and empathy are comfortably blended.
In the long run, Gracious Professionalism is part of pursuing a meaningful life. One can add to society and enjoy the satisfaction of knowing one has acted with integrity and sensitivity.
How to apply:
1) Turn in one page explaining how you met 1-5 above
2) Attach two scholarship applications
3) Turn into Mr Dohm by April 30th 2021